Confirmed by the Wall Street Journal, the much awaited Apple iPhone 8 is all set to launch on the 12th of September. If rumors are to be believed, then alongside iPhone 8, the iPhone 7S, iPhone 7S Plus, as well as a brand new Apple Watch supporting SIM card too are scheduled to be launched on the same day.
According to the report published in the U.S. newspaper, the upcoming set of iPhones will be up for sale after 10 days from being unveiled and though there is no update on the prices yet, it has been said that the iPhone 8, which is also the anniversary edition of the iPhone, will be the most expensive iPhone till date.
The iPhone 8 is believed to debut with a completely different design, while the iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus will be slightly updated versions of the existing iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. With the grapevine buzzing with theories, here’s everything we know about the upcoming iPhone 8 so far—
- The iPhone 8 is believed to come decked with a hefty price tag of $1000 in the U.S., which would amount to around 1 lakh INR.
- It is rumored that the iPhone 8 would have negligible bezels and a screen size of 5.8 inches, which would be an OLED panel, similar to that of Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8. It is also being said that the handset would have a brand new design, much different from all other iPhones, and would include two layers of glass with a metal frame right in between them.
- It is believed that the IPhone 8 would ditch the physical home button, and there are two theories for the TouchID, wherein one says, it will be moved to the back of the handset on the Apple logo, while the other says it will be present on the screen under the glass.
- The dual camera set up too is believed to be redesigned on this phone. It will sport the dual camera on the rear like the iPhone 7 Plus, wherein one is a regular camera and the other is a telephoto lens. According to sources, this time Apple is using a bigger image sensor for the iPhone 8, which would compete perfectly against the likes of cameras on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Google Pixel, especially in low light conditions.
- Reports also say that the iPhone 8 would have the wireless charging feature, though its pace will be debatable and as per techies, it won’t be as good as the wireless charging available on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- The iPhone 8 will be powered with Apple A11 processor and iOS 11, and is almost confirmed to come with at least 32 GB as its lowest storage variant with a 3GB RAM, to give users better experience of Artificial Reality.
- The iPhone 8 is believed to come with the face recognition feature, wherein users would be able to unlock their phones using this technology. It is also believed that there would be a sensor on the front of the phone, which would help exercise this feature better even in low light conditions.
Apple has already anticipated a huge demand for its iPhone 8 and expanded their production in China to meet the demands of the consumers as soon as it is unveiled on this September 12.
Featured Image Source: storynotch.com/