Considered as one of the similar yoga poses to Uttanapadasana, ArdhaHalasana is also like Halasana but the only difference is that the legs are kept perpendicular in the former. In Sanskrit ‘Ardha’ means half, ‘hall’ implies plough and ‘asana’ refers to as pose. From the inference, it is understood that this yoga pose should resemble the body like a plough in the final position. The ArdhaHalasana is known as the warming up pose for Halasana which in turn is known to boost sexual organs and help with blood circulation and digestion.
What are the steps for the asana?
- Lie flat on the ground with your face and stomach facing up, both hands on sides and your legs straight and joined with one another. Start breathing slowly.
- As you inhale, press your palms on the floor and steadily lift your left leg to be perpendicular to the ground. Now do the same with the other leg. Remember to keep both the legs straight and they shouldn’t bend the knees. If you are facing trouble doing this, keep practicing to improve the pose.
- After lifting the legs perpendicular to the ground, hold your position and breath as long as possible. Be cautious so as not to over exert yourself.
- The above step shows that you have completed ArdhaHalasana and now you can bring down your legs exhaling slowly.
- Repeat the entire procedure starting with your right leg.
- Practice the steps for 5 minutes.
- You could also do ArdhaHalasana by lifting both the legs at the same time if you think you’re getting better.
The amazing benefits gained from ArdhaHalasana
Although it is recommended for patients with shoulder ailments, backache, and heart issues to approach the asana with extreme caution, the yoga pose could help mitigate and control several body problems.
- The pose makes your knee joints, lower back, and abdominal muscles stronger.
- Cuts excess fat in the thigh, hip and abdomen areas of the body.
- Reduces the chances of getting hernias.
- It provides significant relief to varicose vein patients if they practice the posture daily.
- Helps release intestine and stomach gas and prevents constipation.
- Lessens the prolapsing chances of the uterus in women and rectum in men.
- Mitigates stomach problems and irritations.
- Regulates the menstrual cycle in women and reduces complications related to it.
- It extremely beneficial for people with lumber spondylitis and arthritis.
- Improves blood circulation throughout the body.
Featured Image Source: youtube.com