Simhasana is well-known due to the final pose, which looks like a lion that is roaring. This method of yoga requires both the face and the body to work together in order to look like the lion is roaring extremely loud and intensely. This is a simple and comfortable exercise that nearly everyone can perform if they simply know the steps. There are also plenty of benefits that one can get from performing this exercise.
There are a few steps to the Simhasana pose that you should follow, including:
- Kneeling on the floor and cross your ankles so that the right one covers the back of your left ankle. The feet need to be pointing out on both sides.
- Place the palms of your hands on your knees with the fingers splayed out and pressing firmly against both knees.
- Inhale using your nose and open your mouth at the same time while stretching out your tongue. Curl the tip of the tongue towards your chin with your eyes fully open and exhale with a “ha” sound from the mouth.
- Do the same movement a few times before changing the position of the legs and doing the same movements again.
Make sure that you are aware of the steps to properly do this exercise to avoid hurting yourself and to achieve the highest level of benefits and relaxation.
There is a myriad of benefits that you can achieve from using the Simhasana pose, such as:
- Reduction of tension and stress in the face and chest
- Helps to get rid of infections in the respiratory tract
- Exercises the tongue
- Helps to get rid of your bad breath
- Cures back pack, clenched jaws, teeth grinding and stuttering
- Delays aging and removes wrinkles
- Relieves the burning of eyes and relaxes the muscles in the neck
Ensure that you are aware of the benefits that this pose has and practice it if you suffer from any of these issues.
You should be aware of the alternate name of the Simhasana pose, which is also known as the lion pose. Ensure that you are following all of the steps that are provided so that you can do the proper exercise and get the high level of benefits from it. You should not only use this exercise to relax, but also get rid of any tongue issues, bad breath, stuttering or any other major problems it can cure.
Featured Image Source: yogaasanasonline.com