When you are practicing yoga there are plenty of types and you should make sure to know about them and which ones might benefit you. Anulom vilom pranayama is also referred to as breathing exercises or breathing through alternate nostrils. This method can be extremely helpful to those diseases that affect the respiratory system. Make sure that you are aware of the steps, the benefits and more.
What is it and Required Steps
This type of yoga, which is called Anulom vilom pranayama helps to balance out the tri-dosas, which tend to go out of balance when one is ill. Tri is for 3 and dosas stands for impurities and the 3 types include kaffa, pitta and vaat. In order to feel better, you would need to balance them back out with a few steps. Here are the steps to follow:
- Close your eyes and sit in the padmasana style and let your hands rest on the knees
- Hold the right nostril closed with the right thumb and breathe in
- Remove the thumb from the nostril while exhaling
- While you are exhaling use the middle finger to close the left nostril then inhale using the right nostril. Remove the finger from the nostril and exhale and do for 5 minutes.
- Concentrate and focus on the breathing
When you are practicing you should ensure that you are following the approved method, including the timings, appropriate fingers, and the nostrils to breathe through. Following these few steps can help you to feel quickly.
There are many benefits to Anulom vilom pranayama, so make sure that you are aware of them. Some of the benefits include:
- Improvement in the function of the lungs
- Beneficial for all problems related to breathing, such as asthma and bronchitis
- Helps in curing mental related problems like tension, anxiety, and depression
Make sure that if you are going to use this yoga method that you follow the above-listed steps to see the most benefit and to gain the high level of well-being.
You should make sure that you are aware of what Anulom vilom pranayama is, which is the breathing through the nostrils one at a time. You should also make sure that you are aware of the required steps and the proper technique that should be followed at all times, including which nostrils to breathe through and what fingers to use. Also, make sure that you are aware of the benefits that you would see, which could help in your mental and respiratory issues.
Featured Image Source: myupchar.com